Monday, February 05, 2007

We Too, Like Eggs.....

We all have probably heard tips on how to boil eggs to keep the shell from sticking. Put plenty of salt in the water or don't boil fresh eggs, etc. Pretty eggs taste the same as the "ugly" ragged ones, but I usually put plenty of salt in the water and try not to worry about it. Recently, while trying to remove the shells from some that I had boiled, I noticed something. Dry eggs are not easy to peel. The shells were so much easier to remove if I kept submerged them in water.

Isn't that just how we are? We have layers of things that need peeling sometimes. Some things that hinder us from being "pretty" and smoothe. There are lots of things I could mention, but won't. I think we all know what our own shells collect, therefore no need to list here. We are to examine our own selves. What I find interesting is how, we too, like eggs are easier to "peel" if we are "watered" by the Spirit. We do this by staying in the word and walking in fellowship of our Savior. All those things that have "collected" will slide right off. No tugging and pulling necessary.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Monday!! Loved your post! Have a great day!!

Denise said...

How very true my friend, wonderful post. Hope you have a great week, love you.

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart for this pearl of wisdom Deb! I only buy organic eggs and find no problem peeling...but will have to see if keeping them in water 'at peeling time' really does make that difference! Good post! Eileen @ http://halfwayhome.com

Anonymous said...

ok, I liked this post but you have to write something new now so my trips to the basement are well rewarded. What other words of wisdom do you have for me?

Debbie said...

OH MY Goodness! You so made me laugh with this, Sara! I am going to try to get something posted! I don't know if it will be wise or not! hehehehehe

Anonymous said...

whew! When none of ya'll posted all weekend I was momentarily afraid I'd missed the rapture! Thank goodness for Shortybear!