Not really feeling anything creative today. I think it's the weight of all the yard projects I have awaiting my attention. So it's off to take care of them. I get to spend time with my hubby and that is a good thing. : ) We like to tackle things together when it comes to yard work. We started earlier in the week, but were interrupted by a much needed rain. Praise You Lord! The lightning was only a *gentle* reminder that we like breathing and hair, so we decided to put away the mower and lay down any metal objects we had in our hands. ~Toodles~
Thursday, July 12, 2007
This is a week of "Firsts" for me as I have never participated in Wordless Wednesday or Thankful Thursday. Since I had a few thoughts about some things I have been thankful for I decided to share with everyone.
- I am thankful that my Savior knows that I am "but dust" and has compassion and mercy upon me when I call.
- I am thankful that I am not alone. That God has given me a wonderful husband and beautiful children.
- I am thankful for the wonderful ladies of the blogging community that have time to minister in word or prayer for one another.
- I am thankful that when the sun shines through my window I am able to see it and be filled with the wonder of God's eternal love.
- I am thankful when I hear the birds sing because it reminds me of God's promise to take care of me just as He has them.
There are many other things I am thankful for, but I will save those for another post. For more Thankful Thursday posts go on over and visit Iris at Sting My Heart.
Posted by Debbie at 1:02 AM
Monday, July 09, 2007
I haven't posted any pictures lately so I thought now is good of time as any. The first two are of my geraniums. I didn't think about it at the time or I would have taken one of them both on the porch by my steps. Sorry.
It has been in the 90's around here and that is thriving weather for geraniums. I actually took these pics a few weeks ago. I have more flowers on them since these were taken. I would update, but it is dark outside and the pics won't be as good as in daytime.
Here are a few from our trip to Southport. It was such a lovely day!
This is my sweet son playing football. Ain't he a cutie?
This is my man, so ladies please, ahem.....restrain yourselves.
Hi, honey! Love you.
This is my niece with her little cousin, Nathan. If you look closely, you can see some of the others playing football in the background.
This is where I would like to spend a few days on vacation. Speaking of that, I need to make some plans. It won't be long. This is a cozy little coastal town I adore. I didn't take any pictures of the sidewalk shops on this trip. I wish I would have cause I would love to be able to share.
This, of course, is of my two angels. Precious, precious, children. I thank God for my children. Look at those smiles. You can't tell I'm a little prideful, huh?
This was taken after a hearty meal at a Logan's restaurant.
I hope you have enjoyed my mini slideshow. More pictures to come later of our nighttime hideaway. I finally got my mosquito netted gazebo up. I had pics, but couldn't find them when I started this post.
Posted by Debbie at 11:06 PM
Sunday, July 08, 2007
- Those tagged will share 5 things they "love" about Jesus.
- Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers.
- Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here with their name so that others can read them.
Five things I love about Jesus:
- While I was yet a sinner He loved me enough to die for my sins.
- He is a mighty counselor. I can go to Him with any problem and He will guide me if I will only yield to His way.
- He is the Prince Of Peace and shares His peace with me through every crisis that may arise.
- He is concerned ABOUT everything that concerns me regardless of how small or petty it may seem to others.
- He is my healer. Physically, Spiritually, and Mentally. He is my all in all.
I am to tag 5 in turn, but I think the ones I know have already been tagged. *grin* So I tag anyone that reads this and wants to participate. I mean, how could you not want to share wonderful things about Jesus!!
Posted by Debbie at 10:12 PM