Saturday, March 29, 2008

Copyright Infringement

I am sad to say that I had to change my beautiful banner due to the fact of copyright infringement. I found it one day while "surfing" the internet and just loved it. While surfing a few days later, I found the rightful owner of the photo and felt the need to do the right thing and ask permission to use it. The owner was very gracious and thanked me for asking, but I am sad to report she could not grant me permission as it is pending magazine publishing. *sigh*


I am really sad about it because I felt the photo was so "me", :)
but this has forced my hand........

I have thought about taking pics of my own things and using it for my banner for a while now, but haven't gotten around to it. I haven't been too confident in this area, thus giving me an excuse not to try. Sometimes we have to be forced out of our comfort zone. I find this true in all areas of my life. Yes, even in my walk with the Lord. It is so easy to get comfortable right. where. I. am. Definitely not what God intends for us. He wants us OUT there turning the world upside down for HIM! And all the while we are sitting around thinking we are not capable of such a feat even after all HE has equipped us with. He wants us to answer the call.Lord, forgive me for letting you down.



Well, now you have it......my very own things and you know, I kinda like 'em!

13 comments:

Dapoppins said...

Okay, how do you do that? Put your very own picture in the header? Do you just plop it in? How? How?

I liked the pink...but YOUR PERSONAL picture is better...


And the word about leaving my comfort zone...ummm. You don't really mean that...do you?

Kelli said...

Just lovely! You did a wonderful job!
~Kelli

Denise said...

Really awesome sweetie.

eph2810 said...

I think you new blog header looks beautiful. I love the royal blue of the china :)

You are right, Debbie. We sometimes will just comfortable where we are at in our relationship with our Lord. Why change things? I think that I need to step up more :)

Blessings to you and yours...

Sharon said...

Debbie,
I love your new header! This is what I finally decided to do also. I found a picture I had taken a couple of years ago of my roses and daisies and said, "That's me!"

It's not easy for me to come out of my comfort zone easily either. It's something I continually work on with God's help. :)

It's so good to see you posting again!

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Dear Debbie,
Your new banner is lovely, very cozy and welcoming..You did a fantasitc job with it!!! Its so refreshing to meet honest and open people like yourself...We all hold God's special gifts within us and your unique talents truly shine...
Happy Spring to you and your family,
Jo-Anne

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Ya did the right thing and ya did a great job! And, thanks for the reminder...it's not enough to stop and smell the roses but you may have to step OVER them and get outta your garden to share them with someone else! LOL *wink*

Karen said...

I love your new header! I'm doing the same thing. I'm trying to only use my own pictures. Sometimes they fit, and sometimes....they don't. I'm still learning. ;o)

blessings said...

Well I think your banner is wonderful!! You're welcome to use any of them that I have but I think this one is pretty darling =) You're right about the comfort zone thing. This whole blog started for me as a "stepping out of my fears". It's been a wonderful experience that God has led me through. He's a savior that uses modern technology sometimes. Blessings... Polly

Melanie said...

I love your new header! Beautiful!!

Lisa said...

Hey girl! It's SO GOOD to have you back!! I love the new header and think that it was very honest of you to ask for the permission of the photographer!

Oh, I have to tell you... we're going (Lord willing) to Missouri this summer and I'm going to be going to my very first Cracker Barrel while I'm there! I will post a picture when I go! Cracker Barrel makes me think of when you and Anita visited!

Alice said...

Your banner is gorgeous! I'm so glad you had the courage to step out of your comfort zone to do this.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Beautiful new banner! You did a nice job!

I have a new quote about comfort zone:

"There is no comfort in the change zone. There is no change in the comfort zone."

I don't know who to give credit to for that quote. Our church is being put to the test for it now, our pastor announced he is being moved to another church in July :-(

Katherine