Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Finally Did It!

Yes, Ladies, I finally purchased my first Christmas present this weekend. It's not that I am in the "Christmas Spirit" or anything like that, it's just that I found a great deal on a gift (clearance baby!) for Nathan and it was only $5. I know, right? Five dollars! I usually don't start my shopping until November/December so I am early and a tad bit proud of myself. With the economy in the condition it is, I think this will be the target amount for a good portion of gifts on my list. I plan to keep my eyes open for more of these deals.

I have already let it be known that gift giving will be down this year compared to last. I plan to be more practical and penny wise. I also want to get back to making beautiful things for my friends and family. I'm sure this has been a popular thought with most already. I think it will give us all more time to stress the real reason behind the slogans and keep us a little more humble. It is so easy to take things for granted. I will be the first to raise my hand.

On another note, I had another great find. It is this and it is delicious!


I had seen it last weekend, but chose not to purchase it at the time, (don't ask, because I don't know what I was thinking, lol) but I have it now. I usually have my cup of tea with one packet of splenda and about a half pack of sweet and low. I don't like to use the artificial sweeteners, but those teaspoons of sugar tend to add up the calories pretty quickly. I don't know about you, but I have other things I use those calories on!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Great shopping my friend, love you.

Sharon said...

I love to find a good bargain. :) Hubby and I were talking the other day and decided to cut Christmas spending this year.

I'm sure that tea is good!

Blog is no more said...

We are cutting back on gifts this year as well. I am making a few gifts -crochet and sewing. I know everyone is having a hard time this year.

Pumpkin tea? What's that taste like?

Unknown said...

I so love a good bargain and a good cup of hot tea when the weather is cool. If it ever gets that way.Have a blessed day.
Lisa

Dapoppins said...

I can maybe use things I have on hand to make stuff for the kind adults in my life...but my kids!

Unless you know someone who has a lego manufacturing plant I could use?

Unashamed said...

Oooooo that tea sounds good...mmm...

So, Christmas shopping already, eh? These days I don't even have the energy to THINK about Christmas. What is it, 10 weeks away? Honestly, we're probably not going to do gifts this year. I'd rather put the time, energy and money towards a weekend away (or something) with the family. Nothing fancy, just some time together. I do like getting together with friends and family over the holidays so we'll still do that. But over all I'm planning on a quieter-than-usual Christmas.

So, I've been meaning to ask you...do you still have the dog? I forget his name - I want to say Roscoe but I can't remember for sure! I've been wondering if it worked out with him...

Ta ta for now!

Debbie said...

Hey Anita! You remember correctly! It was Roscoe. We kept him for a while, but Nathan couldn't go outside and play without him jumping on him. He became afraid of him because, of course, when he jumped, Nathan fell. *smile* kind of a funny picture, but not so for Nathan.
We found a good home for him, though.

How's your weather now? We have been very warm until today. It's very cool and overcast. The forecasters have said our warm spell is over and cool is here to stay. We'll see!!