Thursday, December 15, 2005

Christmas Rush

So much for being prepared this year. I started shopping earlier and really thought I would be ahead of everything, but nooooooooooo. Here it is, just a little over a week to go and I am not finished shopping or decorating or anything for that matter. I still have to finish shopping for Amanda mainly. At least I have a better idea what to get her. Caleb is pretty much finished. Nathan is going to be easy. I do have him the cutest big bird. I looked for one for so long and finally gave up and then the day I went to get Caleb's shirt at Belk's, there it was! I couldn't believe it!! It was waiting right there for me to cradle it up and bring it home. I can't wait to give it to him. I can just picture his smiling face now!
Now to the wrapping. That is not something I am looking forward to. I had planned to do it as I made my purchases. Needless to say, that didn't happen either. Now the gifts sit in the corner waiting for the moment to be gift presentable. Maybe tomorrow night!!
I am happy to report that we have two Christmas parties to attend. One at the church Saturday night and one for my husbands company on Sunday. Actually three.....if I count the one next Wednesday night for the kids at church. I am looking forward to it though. I love Christmas......the celebration of the birth of Christ. After all, He is the reason we are to celebrate!! Well, gotta go and get Caleb to bed.

No comments: