Monday, August 13, 2007

This And That

Wow! I can't believe it's been over a week since I had anything significant to say. As hot as it has been around here you would think I would have stayed inside and written a novel. I have visited over at a few blogs and commented now and then. Forgive me if I haven't been to yours and left a comment. I have tried to do what time will allow so please don't take it personal. : )

I have been feeling a little sad lately thinking of the summer days that have passed so quickly. I think being a mother causes me to pause more often and wonder if I have met my children's expectations of summer events. I want our memories that we have made together to be special ones. We have spent more time together and that is a good thing.


My wonderful husband had a birthday yesterday. We celebrated after church with our pastor, his wife, and a few friends. We went to a popular Italian restaurant for our main meal and then had a lovely cake. It was nice. I know your aren't going to believe this, but I didn't take pictures! I guess I was too caught up with everything else to think about it. I am thankful for another birthday shared with my mate.

I wanted to share this pics of these watermelons. I am hoping you can actually see how huge they are. I took this at a produce stand on my way back from the beach. I wanted to put the average size one beside these for comparison, but I don't think the owner would have thought it was as great an idea as I. *smile*






I had a few other things I wanted to ramble on about, but changed my mind. I hope to post something more awe inspiring later. *smile* Much love to all!


12 comments:

Amelia Antwiler said...

I dunno - those watermelons are pretty awe inspiring.

And you're right. ABeka has a LOT Of worksheets. That's why, if I find something oodles of better, I'll switch. :-) I'm looking at areasonfor.com for some writing help. Can't wait until it gets here!!

Now I want watermelon.
And it's 5 til midnight.
I'm in trouble.

Sharon said...

You better believe I'm ready for fall! This heat should have melted at least five more pounds! ;-)

Sharon said...

Happy belated birthday to your husband!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melanie said...

Those are some delicious looking watermelons!

I'm sad too that summer is almost over. Time goes by so quickly.

eph2810 said...

I think that your children will cherish the time you had together this summer. Remembering the fun places you have went and took pictures of it - they will remember. One day they will say "Do you remember when we went....in 2005). I know that I remember all the trips our parents took with us when we were little - oh, what fond memories.

And the watermelons - oh my - they are huge :)

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts...

Blessings on your day and always.

Unashamed said...

Those are mighty watermelons!

Happy Birthday to your hubby. God's blessings to you both!

Melanie said...

I have an award for you over at my blog! Come 'n get it!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! Those watermelon are huge, perfect for these hot summer days!

I saw your question on my blog about what kind of stand I have my china on. Here is a better picture of my hutch....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44124374707@N01/456009961/

Hope this helps!

Kelli

Dapoppins said...

Happy b day to your husband...! And I was going to say something else, but I forgot.

Karen said...

Hi Debbie,
Happy Birthday to your sweetie! I've been trying to get around to my new visitors and read a little. I am so touched by the previous post. I'm so happy for your friend, and you are so sweet to have experienced this with her.
God is awesome!

Marilee said...

Wonderful blessings happening in your life... my husband's birthday is coming up in November... the big 50! Not sure what I'm planning for him yet, but you're so right that the blessing of the moment is more important than taking pics sometimes!!!

Watermelon is a fav of mine... you got my mouth watering!

Love you! Marilee