Monday, August 11, 2008

Heart Surgery

UPDATE

Praise God for His grace and mercy! Our wonderful Lord has brought my dad through! I appreciate all your prayers for him (and me). He is doing great. He is still heavily sedated of course, and won't be allowed to "come out of it" until morning. His breathing tube was removed tonight and that was good news. I know he will be able to rest a little bit better.
We were a little worried about his kidney function, as he is diabetic and has had a problem with this previously, but all is well. Thanks be to God! I also appreciate your words of encouragement. I would have updated sooner, but I didn't get home until late.
It is a blessing to have friends like you! I love you all....
Goodnight







My dad is having open heart surgery early in the morning.(Tuesday) I would appreciate your prayers for him. I was with him while he was in the hospital last week for a heart cauterization. The doctor told him he would try to put stints in if he found any blockages, but sad to say, it was not possible. We were told he has 5 to 6 blockages and surgery is the only option. My dad suffered several heart attacks a few years ago and God was gracious to bring him through. I am still believing God's grace to continue.

There are no words I can say to bring peace to him. He is scared. Only God can give him the peace he seeks. Please pray that he will accept it.

11 comments:

Denise said...

My prayers are with you, and your dear dad. May God offer him much comfort, and great peace. I love you sweetie.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

It's 5am EDT - and praying...

Karen said...

I will be praying, too. We went through years of this with my Dad. I know what you're going through.
Blessings and hugs
Karen

Denise said...

I have been praying all day sweetie, I love you.

Lisa said...

I just read your post, I'll be praying for the post-op healing as he should be out of surgery by now since it's late afternoon there now.

TAKE CARE!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Unashamed said...

I'm just seeing this now (9 pm Tuesday) but praying for your dad. Any news yet?

Denise said...

Praise God for watching over your dad. I will be praying for his recovery to go well, love you.

Unashamed said...

Wonderful!! Thanks be to God for his loving kindness! How long do they expect your dad to be in hospital?

Karen said...

That's wonderful! Prayers for his speedy recovery!

Blog is no more said...

Debbie, I'm just logging on... Praise the Lord for seeing your dad through this surgery. I pray that the days ahead will be smooth and he will feel better each day. Praying for you too!

Unknown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your father. May God Bless him with a speedy recovery.
Hugs to you (((DEBBIE))