Monday, September 08, 2008

May I Have Your Attention, Please?

Before I begin, I would like to say that I LOVE my bloggy friends. You are the greatest. I enjoy "visiting" you and following up with what is going on in your lives. I haven't always had time to comment---especially lately, but I still try to pop in and out. I want to thank each and everyone that have prayed for me and my dad. He is doing fantastic. He was in rehab (physical therapy) until this past Thursday. He had some problems with strengthing his legs after surgery but is doing so much better. He shared with me something amazing and as soon as I can get him to repeat it to me in detail, I plan to post about it. It is awesome!!

I have never wanted to offend anyone with anything that I may post on my blog or live in "real life". (and neither do I now) I ordinarily try to stay away from topics that promote debate or could lead to contention. In fact, I have often tossed around what to post about and what NOT to post about and then......

I had a revelation! THIS IS MY BLOG!


I have declared this from day one by my choice of title, MY Spot of blog. This gives me the freedom to post about ANYTHING I want to. It can be about my Savior, children, home, hobbies, shopping adventures, recipes, etc.....you get the picture...... :)

I have decided that regardless of what I may say, everyone may not agree with me. I have also decided this is okay seeing as to how I have been from blog to blog and read things that have left me scratching my head wondering how in the world they could think this or that. I know my options are clear if I don't like what I read. (I think we all know the unwritten rules of the bloggy world.)

If there is one feature I like about the comments or email, we can delete it if we don't like the critique or the fear of being humiliated by someone that goes off half cocked. I usually don't have this problem, but I know of some that do. But what do you do if your actions are called into public attention and you have no control over the criticism and ugly comments that are written about something you did hoping to promote positive feedback? Such as the case HERE. I don't attend this church nor have I ever met the pastor, but I have read of previous efforts of his church to spread the gospel and it also involved giving to the community. I applaud them, but not everyone feels the same. He was attacked for not giving this money to another cause. Can you believe this? Well, I know this is now the way of the world, and I also realize Jesus was ridiculed for the good He did, but I still have a hard time accepting it. I did not want to promote the hateful spirit of the letters written in protest of this event so I will not post or link to them. I choose to believe the church's intentions were pure. I also know that regardless of what we do, everyone will not like it!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear the good news of your father's great recovery. I hope he continues to progress so well. Thanks for stopping by my place amd leaving a nice comment.
Blessings. Lisa

Amelia Antwiler said...

VERY true.

Have fun writing your blog. :-)

Unknown said...

Debbie
I have something for you over at my blog. Hugs. Lisa

Lisa said...

Hello my friend! Good to hear from you! I hope that the school year is off to a good start for your kids and that your little cutie pie is still having trouble free ears!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Unashamed said...

Thanks be to God for keeping your dad in his loving care!! Even though that we know and trust that our help is in the name of the Lord, when its our parents (or our kids) I think we can't help but worry about them. The Lord is good for answering prayers!

How's the fam? You're right, it seems like forever since we talked. Summer's come and gone already - the leaves are already starting to turn their colours around here.

Have you been affected by the hurricane weather in your area? We have been praying for all those affected - this year seems particularly bad, or maybe its just me? we don't have to worry about hurricanes here (we get tornadoes though). And snow, of course! *wink*

Debbie said...

Hey Anita,
Yes, I am thankful for God's care of my dad. I know He is the only reason my dad made it through.

The family is good. How is yours?
We had a lot of rain from the last one here, but I am concerned about Ike that is coming in on the Texas coast as of now. The gas prices are going crazy!

Debbie said...

Errr...that would be a lot of rain from the hurricanes......lol

Sharon said...

Hi Debbie,
It's been a while and I'm trying to catch up on some blog reading. :) I'm so glad to read here that your dad is doing so well!!! I have thought of him and prayed for him often.

Hope you all are doing well! Take care!