Sunday, December 10, 2006

Wise Men

My pastor made such an impact with this statement, "The wisemen were not wise because of experience, they were wise because they were searching for Jesus!" I had not thought about it in that way before. He was also speaking of us, a people getting "so caught up" in Christmas without "worshipping" Jesus. It's true. It's not something intended, but I have been guilty of *preparing* for Christmas. Lord forgive me. He also stated that when the wisemen found Him, they fell down and worshipped Him. A part of that woship was also giving as the one when He gave ALL his gold, one, frankencinse, and one myrh. The point being, giving All that we have.

This was probably only for me this day and I receive it. I am grateful for a heavenly father that will gently let us know that we are losing focus and to *look upon Him* He is the one I want to please. Yes, He's the One.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Jesus is the one that matters, He is the perfect, and only gift we need. I love you sweety.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, I get what you're saying: there's a difference between preparing for Christmas and preparing for the coming of the Lord.